search instagram arrow-down
ReginaMary Messa

While you were away, I wrote this…

Blogs I Follow

Instagram

Follow Cosmicknitter on WordPress.com

Goodreads

A Blast From the Past

Finish or Frog part 2

Just Rip It!

Hello dear friends! I must say, the Finish or Frog adventure was one of the best things I did for myself, even though I was not the beneficiary of the finished projects. This next project should have been frogged years ago. And I mean YEARS. My son and I picked out the yarn together at the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival (aka. Rhinebeck) with the intention of my knitting him a set of socks. The yarn was very popular for socks at the time and we waited on line for quite a while to buy it. I cast on immediately and knit 3/4 of the first sock but I was not in love with how it was knitting up; it was stiff and the wool was discoloring my hands and bamboo needles. So the project sat there, in my closet for close to 8 years. You heard me. 8 YEARS! So out of the closet it came. I rewound the wool and decided it would make a nice hat that would showcase the yarn’s subtle color variations. I had forgotten how handsome the wool was. I chose the Barley Light pattern by Tin Can Knits The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber – Silkie Socks that Rock in Ravenscroft color way (black with yellow and green highlights)

In keeping with the habit of naming my projects after video games or characters. I named this hat Vivi after that black mage in Final Fantasy IX- the little fella with the big hat!.

Nice hat Vivi!

Vivi also makes a minor appearance in Kingdom Hearts, one of my son’s favorite video game franchises. The word ‘vivi’ literally means “to live to see”. This yarn definitely lived to see the day when it became a fully finished object (FFO?)!

What’s going on at work? When surrounded by middle schoolers, it is never dull. The daughter of a faculty member created this beautiful bulletin board. These kids definitely help me find my wings. If they only knew.

And then there are days like this:

Fortunately, there are more quarters in the right jar!
My dog makes me a better human.

I think that’s it for the time being. It is always a pleasure visiting with you!! I enjoy reading your blogs, and I certainly hope you enjoy mine as well.

Naturally, this post would not be complete without a photo of Razz. When my husband has to be away for a prolonged amount of time, we all miss him, Razz included. The first night home, Razz climbs in Robert’s bag and beds down for the evening. It is the cutest h*cking thing evah!

Daddy’s home!

Have a blessed week! Drop me a line, I would love to know how you’re doing. If you have a quirky pet, tell me about him!

I wish you peace in you lives, and endless hours of knitting!

Love,

Regina

Saint of the Day: Saint Joseph of Leonissa – As a boy and as a student in early adulthood, Joseph drew attention for his energy and virtue. He said “When we suffer anything, we give proof of our love.” Sometimes I find it so difficult to see love in the face of suffering. That’s something to ponder, yes?

In my mug: Earl Grey Tea

In my ears: Bill Evans. He is a jazz pianist. I had not heard of him before, but my hunny, shared this link with me. I hope you enjoy it! Portrait in Jazz – Bill Evans Trio

Favorite Tweet from the Super Bowl Half-Time Show: “This is the best Super Bowl themed bachelor party I have ever been to!”

13 comments on “Finish or Frog part 2

1. First I love the tweet! So true:)
    The hat is fantastic! Totally worth the rip and repurposing:)
    If I did the same jars as you mine would have to be much larger and they’d be full;) I swear like a sailor and you’ve seen Myles. He’s my number 1 topic of conversation:)

Liked by 1 person

1. ReginaMary says:

Hahaha!! You crack me up! That tweet was priceless. I recommend the Barley hat. I made another one out of worsted and it knit up in a day. I’ll post photos soon.

Liked by 1 person

2. I reckon that yarn wanted to be a hat and that’s why the socks didn’t work. It looks lovely! My swear jar would be full too. I never swore EVER until a few years ago, and now I seem to be making up for lost time.

Liked by 1 person

1. ReginaMary says:

I like the way you think. I will view frogged objects in that light from now on! There is nothing more satisfying than a perfectly place cuss word. xoxo

3. Sheryl says:

The hat turned out wonderfully.I have a few very old projects lingering in my closet. I should take another look at them and see if I can do anything to move them forward.

Liked by 1 person

1. ReginaMary says:

It really gave me a sense of satisfaction and alleviated some guilt!

4. Anita says:

Finish or Frog is the best! I love the new lease of life that it brings to beautiful but forgotten (or worse, disliked) yarn. I’ve had some beautiful projects emerge from ones that I frogged because they just never felt right.

Liked by 1 person

1. Anita says:

(Ugh I submitted my comment too early) … And I love how the hat turned out!

Liked by 1 person

1. ReginaMary says:

haha!! Thanks! You can’t go wrong with Tin Can Knits. And it is FREE!!

Liked by 1 person

2. ReginaMary says:

Yes! I totally agree. I don’t know why it took me so long to do this.

Liked by 1 person

5. ortensia says:

I absolutely love your blog😱🤓how didn’t I spit it before 💃🏻

Liked by 1 person

1. ReginaMary says:

It’s the dog, right? You love my dog? haha! Thank you for reading. I enjoy yours very much as well!

Liked by 1 person